[tex-eplain] Warnings about redefinition of xref labels

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Apr 6 20:09:27 CEST 2006

Hi Dorai,

    How does one do the equivalent of hyperref.sty's \href?

Argh.  It seems despite our best efforts, Oleg and I made the #1 mistake
in documentation -- failing to answer the obvious question, while
dealing with all kinds of obscurities.  Didn't even think of it when we
were writing the article.  Sigh.

    I.e., \href{URL}{link-text} should make link-test a link to URL, when
    possible (viz., PDF), or just typeset link-test by itself in print.

I believe the answer involves using \hlstart...\hlend, but Oleg will
have to fill in the details.  Clearly this cries out for a high-level
macro, probably best named \href :).

    I tried \usepackage{hyperref} -- hyperref wasn't explicitly listed
    as a package known not to work --

It should be so listed.  I'm sure Oleg will update the manual when he's
back.

Sorry,