[tex-eplain] Warnings about redefinition of xref labels

Dorai Sitaram dorai at ccs.neu.edu
Wed Apr 5 23:11:57 CEST 2006

I'm scanning the new hyperlinks section in the document to answer a rather
unsophisticated question and coming up short.

How does one do the equivalent of hyperref.sty's \href?

I.e., \href{URL}{link-text} should make link-test a link to URL, when
possible (viz., PDF), or just typeset link-test by itself in print.

External URLs are enough, and I don't need any options -- if clicking the
link simply replaces the current page with the target URL, that's plenty.
Could such a command be defined in eplain.tex?  I tried
\usepackage{hyperref} -- hyperref wasn't explicitly listed as a package
known not to work -- but it wouldn't load.

Thanks,

--d