[tex-eplain] Eplain 3.0 announcement

Gérald Tenenbaum gtenenb at free.fr
Sat Sep 24 00:17:03 CEST 2005

À (At) 16:25 -0500 23/09/05, Bob Kerstetter écrivait (wrote) :
>On Sep 23, 2005, at 3:42 PM, Oleg Katsitadze wrote:
>
>>>Let Oleg decide :).
>>>

>>I strongly prefer not to distribute them.  This will not
>>make Gerald happy, but it can possibly save users the
>>disappointment of incorrect indexes/references/table of
>>contents.  And it should be possible to install and use
>>Texinfo on Mac, or practically anything that TeX runs on, I
>>believe.
>
>Texinfo is already on Mac OS X:
>
>/usr/share/texinfo
>
>Is this what you mean?
>
>Unless I am missing something, the Textures
>Gerald mentions is a Mac Classic app.

Yes it is still Classic but  they are making it OSX native right now.
Anyway, it would be nice to have a simple tool to
typeset indexes that would be platform
independent.

One thing I do not understand is this: why cannot
the indexes of eplain.texi be compiled using
eplain itself?

Regards to all,

Gérald