[tex-eplain] Eplain 3.0 announcement

Oleg Katsitadze geolsoft at mail.ru
Thu Sep 22 21:25:04 CEST 2005

On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 at 12:27:43PM +0200, Stepan Kasal wrote:
> But I think it's not reliable to distribute precompiled indexes.

Why?  Do you mean typesetting can depend on a platform, or a
software version?  Would not this be a bug?

On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 at 08:12:03AM -0500, Karl Berry wrote:
> Perhaps the difference is that in past distributions, we included the
> texindex-generated sorted index files (.??s), and the other toc/aux
> files, so that people could indeed just run "tex eplain.texi" or the
> equivalent and it would work.

Yes, this is what Stepan was saying.  Did you miss his
message?  The thing is I am missing (at least) one message
from this thread, too.  At first I thought it was my email
provider dropping "spam" again, but now you seem to have
missed a message.  Has anybody else missed any messages
lately?

> Seems like there'd be no particular harm in doing that in the future,
> anyway.  Oleg, wdyt?

It seems ok to me, if the indexes are indeed independent of
the platform.

--
Best regards,
Oleg Katsitadze