[tex-eplain] Hyperlinks in Eplain

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Jun 30 23:09:38 CEST 2005

Hi Oleg,

    The idea is to develop infrastructure for producing
    hyperlinked documents.

It sounds great.  I'm sure Steve agrees :).

    other document formats such as DJVU, when/if a .dvi
    converter for it will be produced.

I've never heard of DJVU, what is it?

In any case, it is also possible to create active hyperlinks through
dvipdfmx, I'm pretty sure.  Maybe even dvips|gs, less sure about that.
But pdftex is the most important.

    I intend to add hyperlinking capabilities to

Won't this also imply color support?  (Let's not use the same default
colors as hyperref, though.  Yuck.)  Well, I guess ignoring that and
just printing in black is useful.

    helpers for creating PDF bookmarks.

Yeah.  I did bookmarks for Texinfo, borrowing a little code from
hyperref, and it was a huge pain to handle special characters.

Your book looks very nice, and indeed, lots of hyperlinks :).

Thanks,
Karl