[tex-eplain] Hyperlinks in Eplain

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Jul 21 23:41:54 CEST 2005

    If you still think it worth to have a default driver, I
    could arrange it.

I agree we don't want existing documents to fail.

I was imagining that the user would give a command to say they wanted to
enable this new functionality, e.g., \enablehyperlinks.  The command
could take an optional argument specifying the driver; that seems
cleaner to me than a \def before \input eplain.  It could also thus
override anything specified at \dump time.  (Not that I think many
people dump eplain anyway.)

Sorry I didn't spell this out in advance.  I actually thought it was
what you were planning to do ...

Will reply to your other msg in a bit.

    links cannot extend over a linebreak

Too bad.  That is a huge drawback.