[tex-eplain] Colors with hyperlinks

geolsoft at mail.ru geolsoft at mail.ru
Mon Aug 22 17:03:25 CEST 2005

On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 04:14:28PM +0200, Stepan Kasal wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 04:59:21PM +0300, geolsoft at mail.ru wrote:
> > What I suggest is we ask the user to define, say,
> > \colordriver, before loading Eplain.
>
> I don't think it should be required to define it before loading eplain.
> If someone uses 386 and thus generated the eplain format, then this
> limitation reduces the flexibility.
>

> And if you have K6 or even a processor manufactured in the new
> millenium, you probably won't see any problems if eplain contains all
> drivers and includes the files in runtime.

The `official' way to load color support is this:

  \input miniltx
  \makeatletter
  \def\Gin at driver{pdftex.def}
  \input color.sty
  \resetatcatcode

If we don't do it in eplain.tex, then we would need to write
a macro for loading a color driver, e.g.

  \def\enablecolors#1{%
    \input miniltx
    \def\Gin at driver{#1}%
    \input color.sty
  }

and have the user call it after loading eplain, if they want
to use colors.  Again, we can make the parameter optional,
and do the detection if it is omitted.  Is this what you
mean?

--
Best regards,
Oleg Katsitadze