[tex-eplain] Colors with hyperlinks

geolsoft at mail.ru geolsoft at mail.ru
Mon Aug 22 15:59:21 CEST 2005

On Sun, Aug 07, 2005 at 06:29:07PM +0200, Karl Berry wrote:
> it seems like it would be most convenient to
> simply always enable colors, independent of hyperlinks.

The problem is we don't know what color driver to use.  We
can detect pdftex, but that's about it.

What I suggest is we ask the user to define, say,
\colordriver, before loading Eplain.  If it is not defined,
we don't load color.sty at all.  If it is defined but
\empty, we detect the driver (meaning pdftex if \pdftrue,
dvips otherwise).  And if it is non-\empty (supposedly name
of a color driver), we load color.sty with that driver.  How
about this?

--
Best regards,
Oleg Katsitadze