[tex-eplain] Hyperlinks in index, take two

geolsoft at mail.ru geolsoft at mail.ru
Sun Aug 7 21:41:46 CEST 2005

On Fri, Aug 05, 2005 at 10:24:11AM +0300, geolsoft at mail.ru wrote:
> I will write to
> Heiko, ask about indexing and inform him of the $Id$ problem.

I've received the reply.  I quote the answers below.

Regarding $Id line:

> I have now deleted that line, I am using my own CVS.

Regarding index hyperlinks in hyperref:

> hyperref just adds "|hyperpage" if there is no other
> "encap" entry, MakeIndex supports one only.
> \hyperpage generates the link to the specified page(s)
> (to page anchors, added by hyperref).

Regarding his document `alphalph.pdf':

> Look at the .zip file in the directory, it contains the sources.
> I have just redefined some macros of the LaTeX doc system.

So it actually _was_ a non-standard trick.  I downloaded the
sources and glanced through them, but they did not make much
sense to me, I am not a LaTeX guru (or even a LaTeX user).
I hope I can sort it out later, but I believe that since the
method used in `alphalph.pdf' did not become `standard' in
hyperref, it was not generic enough, so we wouldn't be able
to use it in Eplain neither.  Well, so far it is just a wild
guess.

--
Best regards,
Oleg Katsitadze