[tex-eplain] Hyperlinks in index, take two

geolsoft at mail.ru geolsoft at mail.ru
Thu Aug 4 21:04:55 CEST 2005

On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 11:14:49PM +0200, Karl Berry wrote:
> Making them all start with \hl makes it easier to see all
> the hyperlink-related macros and functionality.  I'd prefer to go that
> way.

OK, I will provide a patch.  I will also change names of
options for the cross-reference macros to start with \hl /
\hldest:

  \definexrefhldesttype -> \hldestdefinexreftype
  \lihldestopts         -> \hldestliopts
  \eqhldestraise        -> \hldesteqraise
  \xrefhltype           -> \hlxreftype
  \idxhlopts            -> \hlidxopts
  etc.

> I've had a little bit of success at just reading hyperref.dtx (which
> made me happy).  If you end up with specific questions, I'm sure Heiko
> (Oberdiek, the maintainer nowadays) would be happy to help.

Which version of hyperref.dtx do you have?  I have 6.71
2000/10/04, and this is the only one I could find on the
Internet.  I've looked into it, and it does exactly what we
do with \idxhlpage, it parses page number and make a link to
the page(s).  The macros start on line 6820, and on line
6885 are the parser macros.  If this is actually the latest
version of hyperref.dtx, maybe I should send a private mail
to Heiko as you suggested, and ask why his

  $TEXMF/doc/latex/oberdiek/alphalph.pdf.gz

has direct links to indexed terms.  I suspect he made some
one-shot tricks and this functionality was not in the
mainstream hyperref.dtx.

--
Best regards,
Oleg Katsitadze