[tex-eplain] Hyperlinks in index, take two

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Aug 3 00:44:57 CEST 2005

Hi Oleg,

    \idxhl

Minor point, maybe \hlidx is a better name? (Make all hyperlink stuff
start with \hl...?)

    That was some post.  Hope it makes sense.

Thanks for writing all that up.  It does make sense -- I think :) -- but
here is my question: what does LaTeX do?  I assume that hyperref (or
some other package) provides hyperlinked index entries, although I can't
say I've ever actually looked into it.  Perhaps there is some other
approach which allows direct linking to the index target without messing
up makeindex.

Thanks,
Karl