[tex-eplain] Patch to add encapsulation support with index range terms

John R. Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Sat Apr 2 03:55:29 CEST 2005

On Thursday 31 March 2005 11:49 am, geolsoft at mail.ru wrote:
> Dear list members,
> And one more thing:  would it be a good idea to add a note
> to the documentation that `raw' entries can be specified in
> \sidx, e.g., that it is possible to get subsubentries by
> saying
>
>     \sidx{Differential equation!linear!homogeneous}

Yes, that works, but this doesn't:
\sidx[see]{alpha}{beta!gamma}

You have to write it
\sidx{[see]{alpha}{beta, gamma}

It's probably not worth a fix however.

I use makeindex and the eplain indexing macros in my professional
indexing work ti tis the fastest way for me to get the job done.

BTW I tried once again to intermix some eplain and some Context.
There is the usual problem with the redefinition of a page break
in the eplain macros which still hasn't been eliminated. But more
seriously the eplain TOC process didn't work. On a 20 page
document every chapter came out in the TOC as being on page 20. I
like the eplain TOC because it is easier to adapt to special
circumstances, but again I found I was mixing oil and water. So I
redid it the Context way.

--
John Culleton
Able Indexers and Typesetters