[tex-eplain] dvipdf and images

Jelena i Zoran macak.macak at verizon.net
Fri Sep 17 06:29:01 CEST 2004

Hello,
I created a Power Point-like presentation in TeX with the intention of
converting it to pdf and using it in a lecture.
I used \special{papersize=11in, 8.5in} to obtain landscape mode.
I am having problems keeping pages with images in landscape mode when I
convert them to pdf format.
If I have some text on a page together with an image the dvipdf
converter keeps
the page in landscape mode. However, if I include only an image on a
page without any text then
that page is in portrait (vertical) mode. The problem seems to be only
with pdf. In dvi, all
the pages are in landscape mode. Does anyone know why this happens and
how to prevent it?
An obvious workaround is to include any text (even just a dot)
and cover it with a desired image. But I would like not to resort to
workarounds and to use dvipdf options,
if possible,  in order to get all the pages in landscape mode.
I included simple example files if anyone wishes to look at this issue.
Thanks in advance to anyone who withes to comment on this question.
Zoran
**