[tex-eplain] Cross references between two different files?

Rodolfo Medina romeomedina at libero.it
Sun Jun 20 23:52:10 CEST 2004

Hi, everyone.
I'm a plain TeX user. By typing
					\input eplain
at the beginning of my file, and using the eplain command
					\definexref,
I obtain beautiful cross references all over the file, and I'm very happy
about them.

Now, my question is:
would it be possible (and how?) to create cross references also between two
different files?
For example, let's have file1.tex and file2.tex.
In file1.tex I write, say,
					\definexref{label}{exercise 1}{}.
If I write
					\ref{label}
in file1.tex, everything goes well and, after processing twice the file1.tex
I get the cross reference in the DVI file;
but if I write
					\ref{label}
in file2.tex instead of in file1.tex, and then I run tex over file1.tex and
file2.tex
I won't get the cross reference.
I hope I managed to explain the matter!

Would there be an alternative way to get the cross reference between
file1.tex and file2.tex?
If not, then it is not very useful breaking a large file into small pieces.

Thanks very much to anyone who can respond.
Cheers,
	Rodolfo