[tex-eplain] Text Overlay on Graphics

Mick McQuaid mmcquaid at bpa.arizona.edu
Tue Jul 13 16:26:39 CEST 2004

A few years ago, when I searched for an answer to this
problem and came up empty (due to the fact that packages
like pstricks depended on postprocessing and were not
portable), I gave up and adopted Metapost instead.

If you look at this (enormous and slow to load) page

   http://zoonek.free.fr/LaTeX/Metapost/metapost.html

you will find some examples of graphs near the bottom, along
with their source code.  Over the past few years, I have not
found a more robust graphics tool than Metapost.

... regarding a message from Jelena i Zoran on Jul 12:
> Hello,
> Does anyone know how to overlay text on eps images in plain TeX?
> For example, how to label axes and curves once the images are imported in
> a tex file via the \epsfbox{} command.
> I tried writing text in boxes and then appropriately positioning boxes
> but somehow the boxes
> are always rendered below the graphics. I would like them to go above
> the graphics.
> Thanks in advance,
> Zoran

Mick McQuaid, http://mickmcquaid.com