[tex-eplain] Treat \refn as a number?

Rodolfo Medina romeomedina at libero.it
Fri Aug 20 16:10:15 CEST 2004

Oleg Katsitadze wrote:

>> Can this deal with your case?
>> If not, could you maybe send your code?
>> Now I'd be curious to see
>> if what you need can be worked out with the \temp... \meaning procedure,
>> which looks more general than \IsInteger.

>Below is my code.  It is an excerpt from a macro \fullref
>for generating references to labels; in these references, I
>want to include page number if and only if page number on
>which the label was defined is at least two pages back or
>one page forward relative to the current page.

No, at a first look it seems to me
that in your case the \IsInteger command is necessary,
because you have to check if numbers are < or > each other:
you need the \ifnum command for that.
So, you first have to make sure that \refn{#1} expansion
effectively produces a number.
In my case, instead, the '\temp... \meaning procedure' works fine
because I only need to see if two numbers are equal or different,
so all I need is the \ifx command.

Thanks for your contribute,
				Rodolfo