[tex-eplain] eplain and Context

Stepan Kasal kasal at ucw.cz
Fri Apr 30 14:26:02 CEST 2004

Hello,

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 08:10:16AM -1000, John Culleton wrote:
> > > \def^^L{\par}%

> Yes, that is what I thought. But why ^^? Wouldn't a single ^
> do?

^^L is TeX notation for character which is elsewhere named ctrl-L
or ^L.

> What happens is that if this line is left in place the
> following \def statement fails. This only happens in
> Context.

Context seems to change the catcode of ^^L, that might be the problem.
It might help to execute \obeypages before you input eplain.tex
Or you might try to set the catcode this way
	\catcode`\^^L = 13
before inputing eplain.

> In any case I always edit out all the ^L characters in Vim
> before processing, so it is not essential to me.

This is good practice, I think.

Good luck,
	Stepan Kasal