[tex-eplain] eplain and Context

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Fri Apr 30 20:10:16 CEST 2004

wrote:
> > I have found that I can use eplain for some functions
> > in a Context run if I comment out the line
> > \def^^L{\par}%
> >
> > I have no idea, however what this line does. Can
> > someone explain it to me?
>
> The character ctrl-L is form-feed, it's sometimes used
> this way in text files.  This definition makes this
> character equivalent to enf od paragraph.
>
> Stepan Kasal

Yes, that is what I thought. But why ^^? Wouldn't a single ^
do?

What happens is that if this line is left in place the
following \def statement fails. This only happens in
Context.

In any case I always edit out all the ^L characters in Vim
before processing, so it is not essential to me.
--
John Culleton
Able Typesetters and Indexers