[tex-eplain] losing first centered line on page

Jim Crigler criglerj@earthlink.net
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 23:09:33 -0400

I wrote:

> I am formatting some one-page articles, each with a title line.  On
> the first page (only), I am losing the "title" line.

Karl Berry replied:

> This sounds like the usual \doublecolumns bug of losing a line.
>
> Which version of eplain are you using?  To be honest, I no longer know
> where the latest is, but version 2.8.1 is at ftp://tug.org/tex/ and
> hopefully on ctan.

Dorai Sitaram added:

> It's on http://www.ccs.neu.edu/~dorai/eplain and the version is the
> same as on tug.

Yep, the same old bug.  I was using 2.7 that was delivered with
teTeX-1.0.7 on my FreeBSD system.  Popping 2.8.1 into its place fixed my
problem immediately.  Thanks!

--
Jim Crigler
  A day without sunshine is like, night.