[tex-eplain] Strike out in TeX

John Culleton john@wexfordpress.net
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 09:07:06 -0500

On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, Stanley G. T. Tran wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to write a macros that can do diagonal line through a group of
> numbers and letters as hand written cancelation in a fraction. I have no
> problem of writing one in horizontal but my client needs it in diagonal.
> Is there a way to do that without going through raw PostScript code?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help
>
> Stanley

If you simply want to put a diagonal line throught an entire
paragraph the task is simple with pstricks. However it wold take a
little experimentation to get the line exactly where you want it.
I know pstricks will work because I have used it for watermarks.

The drawline macro in eplain could produce the slanted line, but I am
not sure if it would go through other text.

if you want to strike out each letter individually then a special font
would be the most realistic approach.  Modifying one of the metafonts
would be possible, but I wouldn't do it for just one customer :-)

John Culleton