[tex-eplain] Yet another indexing bug?

Dorai Sitaram ds26@gte.com
Sun, 18 Feb 2001 14:43:10 -0500 (EST)

> The eplain manual describes statements of the form:
>
> \idxmarked\cs{foo}
>
> Such statements work. The manual also describes multiple indexes, based on the first letter of the command. So
>
> \jdxmarked\cs{foo}
>
> should also work, assuming that an index with the prefix "j" had been specified earlier. Unfortunately it does not. However the silent variant
>
> \sjdxmarked\cs{foo}
>
> does work.
>
> This is another instance where the silent variants work and the non-silent equivalents don't.  I can 't fathom why this should be.
>
> John Culleton

The control sequence \cs is being used in
eplain.tex in an unsafe way, ie, it can clash with user
commands of the same name.  Use some name other than
\cs for your index-marking control sequence and you'll
be OK for now.

I'll change the occurrences of \cs in the eplain.tex
code to be either safe or to something else.

--d