TeX Live 7 Update

TUG Office bogus at does.not.exist.com
Wed Jun 19 15:56:57 CEST 2002

Dear TUG Members,

We are pleased to announce that TeX Live 7, the 2002 release of TeX Live,
has been copied and is on its way to the mailing house for shipping.  You
should receive your copy in early July.  Unlike the single TeX Live CD
mailed to renewing members in the past, TeX Live 7 is a 2-CD set.  CD-1
supports Linux (for Intel platforms), Mac OS X and Windows.  CD-2 supports
Alpha-Linux, Alpha-OSF, Irix, Solaris and AIX.  If you are unable to use
both CDs perhaps you would like to share the unused CD with a friend or
colleague whose system is compatible?

For more information about the CD/set please see: http://www.tug.org/texlive/
For information about known TL7 bugs please see:
http://www.tug.org/texlive/bugs.html

For those of you new to TeX/LaTeX, in addition to the "Getting Started"
link located on the TUG home page: www.tug.org, you can find a "Beginner's
LaTeX Manual" located at: http://silmaril.ie/downloads/.  The step-by-step
manual is posted in both .pdf and ps formats.

Other helpful information and useful links:

comp.text.tex - a newsgroup where you can post questions and/or find
related questions & answers previously posted.
http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq - this has answers to many frequently asked
questions about TeX and LaTeX.
http://www.ctan.org/ - provides the most complete and up-to-date
TeX-related software.

On behalf of the TeX Users Group Board of Directors, we appreciate your
support, and, Happy TeXing!

Sincerely,

Robin Laakso
TUG Office Manager