[tug-summer-of-code] Summer of Code Proposal for 2011

Christopher Antila crantila at acanac.net
Fri Jan 14 06:47:04 CET 2011

Hello:

I don't know if anybody else has started to think about Google Summer of
Code yet, or if anybody is watching this list yet, but I have an idea!

I would like to write documentation for LaTeX and various extensions
that might be used for scholarly musical research. This would primarily
involve LaTeX itself, the extensions required to run the
biblatex-chicago pacakge, and the commands and procedures required to
integrate LilyPond-generated musical scores.

Although the above-listed components already have well-written
documentation, learning how to use the software takes a significant
amount of effort, experimentation, and sifting. What makes this document
unique from other existing documentation is, essentially, its
single-mindedness. The target audience would be music scholars and
students, but I would be careful to write certain sections so they are
useful to anybody who uses the Chicago Manual of Style.

If the TUG would welcome use-case-specific documentation, I will be
happy to provide more information on the scope of the envisioned
project, and my previous experience.

Regards,
Christopher Antila.