[tug-summer-of-code] Project idea: LaTeX3 "microkernel"

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Mar 7 23:40:28 CET 2009

Hi Joseph,

    I've proposed in various places a LaTeX3 "microkernel",

Since I saw on the latex-l list that you're willing to mentor, I suppose
I have no particular objection to adding it to the list.  But the
student is going to have to know an awful lot of L3 to have even a vague
chance of getting it done.  None of current L3 people are potential
candidates for the student side, right?  Will being busy with too many
projects already :).

Implementing float-friendly multicol seems simple by comparison.
But maybe I'm way off track ...

Best,
karl