[tug-summer-of-code] Project idea: LaTeX3 "microkernel"

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 19:01:31 CET 2009

On 08/03/2009, at 3:34 AM, Joseph Wright wrote:

> I've proposed in various places a LaTeX3 "microkernel", and I wonder
> if
> this might be an interesting project for the Summer of Code.

[...]

> While this would be somewhat separate to the official LaTeX3 work, I'd
> hope that the team would be supportive of the idea.

I certainly support this idea; LaTeX3 is open source, after all, and I
feel that improvements to the code or new ideas generated from such a
project would be welcomed and helpful in the near future of the LaTeX3
project.

I'm a little under the weather to be able to devote much time to this
project, however; I'd be happy to help as best I could, however. Is
there any chance, Joseph, that you'd have the time to mentor this
project if a suitable student signed up? (And if this idea goes any
further we should raise it together with the LaTeX3 project members...)

Will