[tug-summer-of-code] [lhospo at gmail.com: Heading Into the Home Stretch - Final Weeks of Summer of Code 2008]

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Aug 9 01:01:40 CEST 2008

For anyone who may not have seen it.  Students should be wrapping up
soon ...

Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 16:27:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: "LH (Leslie Hawthorn)" <lhospo at gmail.com>
To: Google Summer of Code Announce <google-summer-of-code-announce at googlegroups.com>
Subject: Heading Into the Home Stretch - Final Weeks of Summer of Code 2008

Hello everyone,

As you will note in the program timeline[0], next Monday, 11 August is
the *suggested* date that students complete their projects, leaving
the final week before evaluations to write/improve project
documentation, write tests, clean up comments, etc.

If you/your student has not yet completed work by 11 August, that's
totally fine - s/he can continue writing code up until the 18 August
deadline. All final evaluations should be based on work students have
completed up until the 18 August deadline.

In years past, we had many questions from students about whether they
could submit their code samples including work they completed after
the 18 August deadline, as we do not begin collecting code samples
until 3 September (instructions forthcoming). It's perfectly fine to
include code written post-deadline in the code sample, but all
evaluations are to be based on work done up until 18 August, not
afterwards.

It has been a fantastic Summer of Code 2008 for all of us and we
certainly hope it has been so for all of you. More news on final
evaluations, code sample submission and the mentor summit will follow.

Cheers,
LH

[0]: http://code.google.com/opensource/gsoc/2008/faqs.html#0.1_timeline