[tug-summer-of-code] Better Unicode compliance

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Mar 21 00:25:04 CET 2008

    I want to know more about this idea. Please let me know who is mentoring
    this project so that I can talk to him in detail about the same.

As I said, I think your Indic ideas would be best served as a different
proposal, with a different mentor, and that Zdenek is the right person
to start the discussion with.

The current Unicode compliance proposal was written by Arthur Reutenauer
of GUT (student) with Eric Muller of Adobe (mentor).  They developed the
proposal precisely to cover the cases that it talks about, not
everything in the world related to Unicode.  There's nothing to be
gained by trying to shoehorn in other things, each student proposal will
be evaluated independently anyway.

Best,
karl