[pstricks] Support question

Herbert Voss Herbert.Voss at fu-berlin.de
Sat Mar 27 17:24:55 CET 2021

Am 27.03.21 um 16:48 schrieb Herbert Voss:

> Am 27.03.21 um 15:51 schrieb Wallace, Patrick (STFC,RAL,RALSP):
>> Unfortunately I am running under Windows, so your instructions
>> either do not apply or will be different.
>>
>> I use also Linux platforms (and for that matter macOS) but want this
>> to work under Windows.  I searched for an instance of dvipdfmx.cfg
>> on my Windows system but found none, so it is likely MiKTeX sets up
>> the software differently on this platform.
>
> the config file is under C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.9\dvipdfm\config
> and MiKTeX also should have a local directory for packages. However,
> you can copy the current dvipdfmx.cfg to dvipdfmx.cfg.orig and put
> the new one in there.

Ich run WIN10 in a vertual box. Updated MiKTeX and run your
example and everything was fine due the old GhostScript of
MiKTeX:

C:\Users\Herbert Voss>mgs.exe --version
9.25

With a new one you need the optional arguments -dNOSAFER and
-dALLOWPSTRANSPARENCY in the config file which is named under
Windows as dvipdfmx.win

Herbert