[pstricks] Transparency issues with ghostscript

Brandon Kuczenski brandon at 301south.net
Thu Jul 9 22:59:00 CEST 2020

Thanks, Herbert. In my case, I'm in a release hole because the old commands
got reinstated in gs 9.53, but 9.53 is not released to my distribution yet.

Just to be sure, it seems that the old commands are deprecated in 9.53 and
9.54, and may stop working thereafter:

For at least the next couple of releases (9.53/9.54), we will have
> Postscript procedures called .setopacityalpha and .setshapealpha whose
> implementation is a close approximation of what those operators previously
> did. Obviously, however, it would be preferable to remove those and have
> everyone use the correctly implemented and correctly named new operators.

-Brandon