[pstricks] problem with pst-pdf in auto-pst-pdf

Patrice MEGRET Patrice.MEGRET at umons.ac.be
Wed Feb 22 08:16:11 CET 2017

Dear list,

I have a small problem with auto-pst-pdf: see example file at the end.

If pst-pdf version 1.1 is used, compilation in PdfLatex and Latex work fine.
If pst-pdf version 1.2 is used, compilation in PdfLatex works as expected but compilation in Latex fails with the following error message:

. (c:/texlive/2016/texmf-dist/tex/latex/pst-pdf/pst-pdf.sty
Package: pst-pdf 2016/07/11 v1.2a PS graphics for pdfLaTeX (RN,HjG)

! Extra \fi.
l.62   \fi

I'm ignoring this; it doesn't match any \if.

! Extra \fi.
l.63 \fi

I'm ignoring this; it doesn't match any \if.

\documentclass{report}

\usepackage{pstricks-add}

\usepackage[crop=off]{auto-pst-pdf}

\listfiles

\begin{document}
\begin{figure}[!htb]
\centering
\begin{pspicture}[showgrid=true](-1.5,-1)(2,5.5)
\end{pspicture}
\caption{Geometrical structure of a singlemode optical fiber.}
\end{figure}

\end{document}

It seemes that the test inside pst-pdf are wrong in case of Latex.
Any clue?

Best regards,
Patrice