[pstricks] Volumes/Solids of Revolution Examples?

Sat Nov 19 16:08:56 CET 2016

Am 19.11.2016 um 00:10 schrieb Dougherty, Michael:

> I am wondering if anyone has any examples code for producing solids (or volumes)  of revolution, like you see in calculus books.  I've looked at the big Examples site and didn't notice any such examples.   I'll be bringing Herbert's book home this weekend to look for clues, but wonder if someone's already made some, or could give me hints how best to proceed.  I'd prefer they not look like some finite-element kind of figure (like Mathematica produces) but hope to make them smooth.  They do not have to look as good as the ones in the expensive calculus books.  I'm writing my own and don't mind the reader having to use some more imagination.
>
> An earlier draft of my book can be found here, if you want to see some of the spirit of the context these will be inserted within:  http://faculty.swosu.edu/michael.dougherty/book/book.html

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{pst-func}

\begin{document}

\begin{pspicture}(-0.5,-4)(6,4)
\psaxes{->}(0,0)(0,-3)(3,3.5)
\psVolume[fillstyle=solid,fillcolor=magenta!30](0,4){2}{x}
\psline{->}(4,0)(5,0)
\end{pspicture}
\begin{pspicture}(-0.5,-4)(6,4)
\psaxes{->}(0,0)(0,-3)(3,3.5)
\psVolume[fillstyle=solid,fillcolor=magenta!30](0,4){4}{x}
\psline{->}(4,0)(5,0)
\end{pspicture}

\begin{pspicture}(-0.5,-4)(6,4)
\psaxes{->}(0,0)(0,-3)(3,3.5)
\psVolume[fillstyle=solid,fillcolor=magenta!30](0,4){8}{x}
\psline{->}(4,0)(5,0)
\end{pspicture}
\begin{pspicture}(-0.5,-4)(6,4)
\psaxes{->}(0,0)(0,-3)(3,3.5)
\psVolume[fillstyle=solid,fillcolor=magenta!30](0,4){16}{x}
\psline{->}(4,0)(5,0)