[pstricks] Angles in polar coordinates

halbard7 at aol.com halbard7 at aol.com
Thu Sep 29 00:24:13 CEST 2016

Dear Herbert,

I have tried to specify the angle in polar coordinates as a coordinate pair, similar to how angles work in their standalone contexts, but without success. I'm not too sure if this has worked in the past.

As an example of what I am thinking of, the polar coordinates (1;45) might, as an alternative, be expressed as (1;(1,1)). Not very useful in this case, but for other angles of the form arctan(q/p) this would be very handy. Doing the equivalent in postscript is not as simple as this (unless things like (! 2 sqrt; 1 1 atan) (!postscript polar coordinates!) were implemented–that would be very nice.)

Might this be at all possible?

Yours,

Gerry