[pstricks] PSTricks and standalone package

Luis Sequeira lfsequeira at gmail.com
Mon May 16 20:42:26 CEST 2016

> Hello Herbert,
> so by adding the pstricks option, I get closer to what I used to
> produce. However, I had to change the coordinates to (*0*,-1)(6,5) for a
> proper crop. Furthermore, I can't use
> \usepackage[x11names, svgnames]{xcolor}
> with the pstricks option. As it was running smooth before: Any idea why
> this changed? If so, can I revert that change?
> Regards
> Clemens

Clemens,

I typeset your example (using texlive 2015 on my mac) and I get a proper crop, with or without the [pstricks] option.

Similarly to you, when using the pstricks option, I also get an error in \usepackage[x11names,svgnames]{xcolor}
This suggests that the pstricks option loads xcolor with options that are incompatible with the above.
My solution: pass the x11names and svgnames option to the documentclass directly:

\documentclass[pstricks,svgnames,x11names]{standalone}

Luis Sequeira