[pstricks] pst-3dplot very strange behaviour [parametricPlotThreeD]

San Kaneda bilbolord2001 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 00:54:40 CEST 2015

I have a large list of pictures and one of them (just one so far) is
compiled differently depending on some undetermined relationship to
other pictures and/or its order on the page.

The picture compiles perfectly when it remains as the first thing on
the page (after fancy headers or chapter title) or (strangely) in odd
position (1,3,5). When it is compiled with the rest of the pictures of
the same chapter, it usually ends up in the second page in the fourth
position.

I have tried recompiling the document by removing some pictures and
leaving others and can confirm that the picture will look nice as long
as its the first thing on the page. When it gets relegated, one single
element of the picture (a single lightgray-lined parametricplotThreeD)
suffers a strange offset.

I can confirm that adding a white-lined plot before it has no effect,
as the lightgray one will remain offseted. Removing the offending plot
will sometimes translate the offset to the next plot (which is
gray-lined).

My father can confirm that his compilation with the text of the
document (I only work with the images) also produces the strange
offset effect.

Surprisingly, adding a ThreeDDot before the plot cancels the offset
(which is my current solution). The dot doesn't need to be anywhere in
particular so I camouflaged it like the first dot of the picture (it
gets painted over later with the exact dot).

I have tried many things to try to isolate the issue but to no avail.
Compiling the image by itself turns out perfectly. Sometimes the image
shows up nicely with others and simply switching them around brings
back the offset. The picture belongs to a chapter and there happens to
be no difference in behaviour when the chapter is compiled with others
(chapters simply add a blank page and start all on an odd page because
they are included).

Somehow, somewhere, ThreeDDots reset something that gives the picture
consistent behaviour (as far as I have been able to test it).

This is my first time on a mailing list, I have no idea if I can
attach files but I'll try anyway. The images are compilation attempts
and the LaTeX file is the pspicture. If this is not enough please let
me know and I'll provide more surrounding content.