[pstricks] Problem with Beamer and Pstricks

Mon Jan 12 20:26:56 CET 2015

Am 11.01.2015 um 23:43 schrieb Bruce Burlton:
> I have been using Beamer and Pstricks for several years quite
> successfully, and then stopped for a while (did not need any new
> material)  Recently I started again, and cannot get the attached example
> to compile.  The LaTex and dvi2ps seem to work, although Yap reports an
> error in opening the .dvi file.  Ps2pdf produces a stack error
>
> I have tried as many variations as I could think of.  The only way that
> “things” work at all” is to remove the beamer portions and use the
> article class.  There seems to be a problem between beamer and pstricks
> “that was not there before”

There is a problem with the latest update of tikz which is
loaded by default bx beamer. Run this document with xelatex
instead of pdflatex and it should work:

\documentclass[9pt]{beamer}

% AERO 4907B (Satellite Design Project.  2014 - 2015 academic year -
Thrusting Discussion
%  package declarations
\usepackage{etex}
\usecolortheme{beaver}%                        for presentation
\setbeamertemplate{caption}[numbered]%
\useoutertheme{infolines}%                     put back for final compile
\usepackage{pstricks-add}

\makeatletter
\def\psSatPair{\pst at object{psSatPair}}
\def\psSatPair at i{%
   \begin at ClosedObj%
     \psline(0,0.5)(0,-0.5)%
     \psdots[dotsize=5pt,linecolor=red](0,0.5)%
     \psdots[dotsize=5pt,linecolor=blue](0,-0.5)
  \end at ClosedObj%
}%
\makeatother
\begin{document}
\begin{frame}{First Mode}
\begin{figure}
\centering
     \psset{unit=0.6}
     \begin{pspicture}(-6,-6)(6,6)%
       % \psgrid[subgriddiv=1,griddots=10,gridlabels=7pt]%
        \pscircle[fillstyle=solid,fillcolor=blue](0,0){1}%
        \psarc[arrows=->,arrowsize=10pt](0,0){5}{35}{40}%
        \pscircle[linewidth=1pt](0,0){5}%
        \rput{0}(0,5){\psSatPair}%
        \rput{90}(-5,0){\psSatPair}%
        \rput{180}(0,-5){\psSatPair}%