[pstricks] Feature suggestion for pst-plot: Fractional Labels

Donut E. Knot the.counterterrorist at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 24 16:20:41 CEST 2014

Dear PSTricks maintainers,

We have already had

	* x|ytrigLabels
	* x|ytrigLabelBase
which are only for multiple of \pi

and today we have had additional key-values

	* x|yfractionLabels
	* x|yfractionLabelBase
which are for pure fractions such as 1/3, 2/3, 1, 4/3, ...

I am so sorry, in my opinion it will be much better if we just define
the more general key-values as follows (for example)
	* x|yIsFractionLabel = < true | false > default false
	* x|yFractionLabelBase = < a positive integer > default 2
	* x|yFractionLabelFactor = < \pi | e | \sqrt{2} | whatever we want > default \pi
so the existing

	* x|ytrigLabels
	* x|ytrigLabelBase
	* x|yfractionLabels
	* x|yfractionLabelBase
can be deprecated (but they are kept exist for the sake of backward compatibility).

What do  you think?

best regards,

G.C.