[pstricks] pst-pdf, geometry, and landscape unhappy

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Jun 6 23:31:33 CEST 2014

Hi Rolf, Herbert, everyone,

I could be missing something or misunderstanding, but it seems like the
landscape option to geometry confuses pst-pdf, with the pspicture origin
in the upper left instead of lower left, and the axes reversed, or
something.  An example (call it geolpdf.tex):

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[landscape]{geometry}
\usepackage{pstricks}
\usepackage{pst-pdf}
\begin{document}
\begin{pspicture}(10,2)
\psline{->}(0,0)(10,2)

Process in the usual way for pst-pdf:
  pdflatex geolpdf
  latex geolpdf
  dvips -q -o geolpdf-pics.ps geolpdf
  ps2pdf geolpdf-pics.ps
  pdflatex geolpdf
My result is attached as geol-pstpdf-bad.pdf.

If I comment out the \usepackage{pst-pdf} and run through latex:
  latex geolpdf
  dvips -q geolpdf
  ps2pdf geolpdf.ps
the result is as I expected, with the origin in the lower left
(geol-ps-good.pdf).

I poked around a bit but didn't see this previously reported.

Wdyt?

Thanks,
karl