[pstricks] Ghostview/Ghostscript

grivet grivet at cnrs-orleans.fr
Mon Dec 23 12:13:39 CET 2013

Hi,

I have a problem displaying a file under ghostview/ghostscript/Win7.
Although this is probably not the best suited newsgroup for my query,
perhaps somebody can give me a hint or direct me to a more appropriate
newsgroup.

I have an .eps file ("AMX_ph3d.eps") which I can display without problem
using Ghostview.  Thr problem arises when I try to include this same
file in a text (using emacs/miktek), say essai.tex. A simplified latex
program follows.

\documentclass[A4,12pt]{article}

\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[latin9]{inputenc}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\setlength{\oddsidemargin}{-5.4mm}
\setlength{\textwidth}{16cm}
%\setlength{\topmargin}{4.6mm}
\setlength{\textheight}{22cm}
\pagestyle{empty}
\listfiles
\begin {document}

blablabla\\

\begin{figure}
   \centering
   \includegraphics[height=10cm]{AMX_ph3d.eps}
   \caption{COSY spectrum of an AMX system}
   \label{fig:amx_2D}
\end{figure}
blablabla
\end{document}

Latex runs without any problem and dvips generates a .ps file without
error messages. When I open essai.ps with Ghostview, the figure appears
and then immediately vanishes. The problem is specific to this file, the
sequence latex/dvips/ghostview works well with many other files.

I would be quite grateful for any hint.
JP Grivet