[pstricks] A request for a new key "infix" as an alias for algebraic key

Donut E. Knot the.counterterrorist at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 26 22:48:50 CET 2013

Dear folks,

If the key `algebraic` was  created to distinguish postfix notation which is the default from the infix one, I think,
the term `algebraic` is misleading here. The `algebraic` should be used to distinguish `algebraic` form from the `transcendental` one.

Some newbies (who have mathematics background) get confused  with `algebraic` key as they think it is used only for algebraic functions rather than the transcendental ones. Can you imagine that they will set `algebraic=true` for plotting algebraic functions but `algebraic=false` for plotting transcendental ones? It really happened when I taught my students several days ago. It seems funny, doesn't it?

If you don't mind, could you give a new key `infix` which is actually an alias for `algebraic`? Implementing `infix` is really useful to prevent newbies from getting confusion with inconsistent syntax and terminologies.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Donut E. Knot
(http://tex.stackexchange.com/users/19356/donut-e-knot)