[pstricks] Problem with pstextpath

Christoph Bersch usenet at bersch.net
Tue Aug 27 18:09:46 CEST 2013

Am 27.08.2013 17:54, schrieb Andrei Petrov:

> I tried to change second and third coordinates but the result remains
> the same. Also, coordinates aren't that of the lower left corner, and
> they are different for different labels, so I don't think this is the
> problem.

Well, I for my part am now sure, that this is exactly the problem.
Consider the following example:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{pst-text}
\begin{document}
\begin{pspicture}[showgrid](5,5)
\pstextpath{\pscurve(1,1)(2,1)(3,0)}{pstextpath}

\pstextpath{\pscurve(1,2)(2,2)(2,2)}{pstextpath}

\pstextpath{\pscurve(1,1)(1,1)(1,1)}{pstextpath}

The first text is displayed correctly, the second text is cropped
because the path is too short for the text. The last one is set
left-aligned at the origin, because the path length is 0.

Christoph