[pstricks] Including Private Header Files Stopped Working

Hensh, Richard hensh at math.msu.edu
Tue Aug 20 18:43:10 CEST 2013

Dear Herbert,

Thanks. Your last suggestion works, but I want to be clear.

For the past 9 years the following lines added (or uncommented) from my local copy of pstricks.con allowed automatic inclusion of private header files. (I believe the included comments are by tvz or dg, but that's just a guess.)

\pstricks.con:
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% !! CUSTOMIZATION STUFF GOES HERE: !! %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
%% If you want to include your own customizations to pstricks.tex, then
%% uncomment the \pstcustomize command, and include your modifications
%% after \pstcustomize. These will be read in after pstricks.tex.
\pstcustomize
\pstheader{mypstrix.pro}
\endinput

The above code worked with versions of pstricks.tex < 2.44. I am not saying that it should have worked, but it did.

Since version 2.45 the above code no longer works. So, per your suggestions, I've made the following changes.

\pstricks.con:
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% !! CUSTOMIZATION STUFF GOES HERE: !! %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
%% If you want to include your own customizations to pstricks.tex, then
%% uncomment the \pstcustomize command, and include your modifications
%% after \pstcustomize. These will be read in after pstricks.tex.
\def\pstcustomize{}
\pstheader{mypstrix.pro}
\endinput

Now my private header files are imported in the final postscript document, as desired.

Perhaps the comments in the file dvips.cfg (dvips.con) that ships with most TeX distributions should be modified to reflect this change.

thanks again,
rick