[pstricks] Understanding Circle Bar Chart

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Aug 5 19:46:58 CEST 2013

   I have a 7x7 table (7 data categories in each of 7 streams) that I want to
display on a single page for easy comparison and understanding by
non-technical decision-makers. The old business graphic is a
multidimensional bar chart, but that hides small bars behind taller bars and
does not communicate efficiently. Looking at PSTricks examples it seems to
me that the circular bar chart (one for each stream) would be an excellent
presentation that would let views see differences in the proportions of each
category at a glance.

   My PostScript and LaTeX language skills are not sufficiently well
developed for me to understand just what the script is doing so I can modify
it to display 7 categories rather than 5. Putting all 7 plots on the same
page is easier for me to work out.

   Pointers to what I should read to understand the script will be much
appreciated.

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.          |      Have knowledge, will travel.
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.   |