[pstricks] pst-math

Sun Mar 17 21:37:20 CET 2013

On 17.03.2013 20:28, Luis Sequeira wrote:

> I thought my point was clear enough, but below is a complete example. Note how algebraic=true works with the GAMMA function defined in pst-math.
> Both pspicture environments do the same thing, one with algebraic=true and the other with algebraic=false: the second one requires the postscript notation.
> Both versions would fail if the algebraic option was reversed, so it simply is not correct to say that the algebraic option is not revelant to pst-math.

nobody said, that it is not relevant. It is not important, if
you use PostScript functions from pst-math or not. The syntax
for using the algebraic option is the same as for standard
PostScript functions.

\documentclass{scrartcl}
\usepackage{pst-math,pst-plot}

\begin{document}

\begin{pspicture}(2,2)
\psplot[algebraic]{1}{2}{GAMMA(x)+1}% algebraic noation
\end{pspicture}

\begin{pspicture}(2,2)
\psplot{1}{2}{x GAMMA 1 add}% PostScript notation