[pstricks] pst-math

Luis Sequeira lichinho at icloud.com
Sun Mar 17 20:28:25 CET 2013

>> Try
>>
>> \psplot{1}{2}{GAMMA(x)}
>>
>> with the algebraic option set - it WORKS (so, the answer to this question
>> is a resounding YES!).
>> Of course, the above will produce postscript errors if typeset without the
>> algebraic option.
>
> Luis,
>
> please provide _complete_ examples!
>

> Herbert

I thought my point was clear enough, but below is a complete example. Note how algebraic=true works with the GAMMA function defined in pst-math.
Both pspicture environments do the same thing, one with algebraic=true and the other with algebraic=false: the second one requires the postscript notation.
Both versions would fail if the algebraic option was reversed, so it simply is not correct to say that the algebraic option is not revelant to pst-math.

Luis

\documentclass{scrartcl}
\usepackage{pstricks,pst-plot,pst-math}

\begin{document}
\psset{algebraic=true} %
\begin{pspicture}(2,2)
\psplot{1}{2}{GAMMA(x)+1}  %fails with algebraic=false
\end{pspicture}

\psset{algebraic=false} %
\begin{pspicture}(2,2)
\psplot{1}{2}{x GAMMA 1 add}  %fails with algebraic=true