[pstricks] pst-math

Luis Sequeira lichinho at icloud.com
Fri Mar 15 12:16:42 CET 2013

> defined in pstricks.tex, no need for loading pstricks-add

I stand corrected on this.
Maybe it was first defined in pstricks-add (I think so), and later migrated to the main pstricks package,
or maybe I'm totally wrong and it never was in pstricks-add.

> pst-math defines only PostScript functions, the reason why it
> is not of interest if one uses the algebraic option or not.
>
> Herbert

Herbert, on that I stand my ground. The algebraic option DOES make a difference for pst-math.

 Regarding Cyrille's question:

> In other terms  could I typeset
>
> \psplot[algebraic]{1}{2}{GAMMA(x)}
>
> and this for any function in pst-math SIMPSON....

Try

\psplot{1}{2}{GAMMA(x)}

with the algebraic option set - it WORKS (so, the answer to this question is a resounding YES!).
Of course, the above will produce postscript errors if typeset without the algebraic option.

Luis Sequeira