[pstricks] PSTricks Coordinates by Point and Click

C. Vogel texnicer at web.de
Thu Jul 5 10:07:50 CEST 2012

Am 05.07.2012 09:02, schrieb Christian Häger:
> Hello,
>
> After searching google for quite some time now, I decided to post this question here in the mailinglist: Does anyone know a tool that would allow me to obtain PSTricks Coordinates for a picture in a Pdf by a point and click procedure? What I am searching for is a tiny bit of WYSIWYG for my PSTricks-Workflow.

Hi Christian!
This might not be exactly what you want to read, but my workflow (and
recommendation) is to start your sketch on a piece paper. WYSIWYG bears
(like in typography in general) the risk of one being attracted by
ad-hoc possibilities rather than focusing on an organized information
transfer planing. You do not sketch for pretty-printing paper, do you?
e.g. During my active time increasing the quality of sketches in
irc://irc.freenode.org/#latex-de I often started setting up a psmatrix
or at least some sort of makeshift grid for labels, so they do align and
the viewer intuitively has a sense where to look at in order to get
destinct informations. Preskeched on some chequered paper you'll hardly
need to guess the coordinates. You'll just have to compute/keep the
alignment and read out the rest.

Yours,
Carsten