[pstricks] animated gif

Alexander Grahn A.Grahn at hzdr.de
Thu Mar 29 09:11:37 CEST 2012

Carlo,

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 09:08:02PM +0100, Carlo Alberini wrote:
>Dear Jürgen,
>another (little, I hope!) problem. I downloaded some animated .gif (waves) from PsTricks main page. I produced a similar animated gif about a parabolic motion of a point, and I tried to run .tex file, but I am not able to compile correctly this file. So I downloaded animate package instruction file, but the result is the same. I leave you all files I produced; could you help me?

If you produce the graphic with PSTricks, *don't* make the detour via a
bitmapped format like animated Gif. Animate the PSTricks code directly
in your main document.

For this, take the LaTeX source of one of the animated gif examples and
add

  \usepackage{animate}

to the preamble.

Scroll down to the place where the image sequence is built. Replace

  \multido{\rParam}{10}{
  \newpage
  }

by

\begin{animateinline}[autoplay]{12}   %12 frames per second
  \multiframe{10}{rParam}{
  }
\end{animateinline}

Note that \newpage has to be removed and that the arguments of \multiframe
which specify the number of frames and which define picture parameters
are reversed. In addition, the backslash of the parameter must be removed
in its definition.

Alexander