[pstricks] problem with aeb_pro (pdf animation)

Alexander Grahn A.Grahn at hzdr.de
Mon Mar 19 16:59:00 CET 2012

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 04:06:19PM +0100, Juergen Gilg wrote:
>Dear Carlo,
>
>as told in a private email,
>

>> P.S. I use TexLive, I have Acrobat Professional and Distiller. How is
>> possible to have the workflow you said me
>> (Latex-->dvi-->distiller-->pdf) with TexShop? XeLateX is right?
>>
>aeb_pro indicates, that Acrobat Professional and its Distiller is needed
>with a workflow:
>
>LaTeX --> dvips --> Distiller --> PDF

That's why I wrote animate.sty. Besides not needing Acrobat Professional
it usually allows for higher frame rates than aeb_pro based animations,
because it is not based on OCGs, aka PDF layers. (Test with `+' button
to see what is possible). And the interface is somewhat easer to catch.

Use this work-flow (due to PSTricks involved):
latex --> dvips --> ps2pdf

Make sure that dvips is *not* called with option -Ppdf! Check the
TeXShop configuration. Code and resulting PDF attached.

>Hope this helps,

Alexander