[pstricks] Feature request: [showgrid=top]

Uwe Siart uwe.siart at tum.de
Mon Feb 20 06:48:17 CET 2012

Hello,

I'd like to make a suggestion for a new feature to pstricks.

The option [showgrid] to {pspicture} draws a coordinate grid which is
very useful for developing a graphic. However, it seems that the grid is
drawn at the beginning of {pspicture} so that it is at the bottom layer.
If one draws a couple a filled objects the grid becomes partly
invisible.

Therefore I suggest the option to draw the grid at the end of
{pspicture} such that it is always on top of the picture. In order to
maintain backward compatibility I can imagine the following options:

[showgrid=false]: no grid

[showgrid] : behaves as it always did (grid at the bottom)

[showgrid=true]: alias for [showgrid]

[showgrid=bottom]: alias for [showgrid]

[showgrid=top]: draws the grid at the end of {pstricks} (top layer)

--
Uwe