[pstricks] more confusion about error in pstricks

Nitecki, Zbigniew H. Zbigniew.Nitecki at tufts.edu
Sat Dec 31 21:24:52 CET 2011

The following code
\begin{pspicture}(-3,-3.5)(3,3.5)
\psset{unit=0.5}
\psset{Alpha=30}
\pstThreeDCoor%
[linecolor=black, xMin=-8, xMax=8,yMin=-8, yMax=8,zMin=-8, zMax=8]
\pstThreeDEllipse[linecolor=blue]%
(6.5,0,0)%
(0 6.5 dup mul 36 sub 2 div 0)%
(0 0 6.5 dup mul 36 sub 3 div)
\end{pspicture

yields the following error:

Runaway argument?
0 6.5 dup mul 36 sub 2 div 0)\let \pst at tempA \pst at coorIIID \getThreeDCoor \ETC.
./Briefpicturetest.tex:105: Paragraph ended before \pst at getThreeDcoor was compl
ete.

I have no idea what I am doing wrong.  (Originally, the \pstThreeDEllipse commands were in a defined macro to which I was applying a multi do, but this seems to be getting at the core of the problem.)

Zbigniew Nitecki
Department of Mathematics
Tufts University
Medford, MA 02155